Sunday, October 29, 2017

October Update

The corals are starting to color back up and growth has definitely exploded. I added 2 liters of Seachem DeNitrate to help lower nitrates and I have increased my feeding.

Thursday, October 5, 2017

ATI ICP Test (September 2017)

After performing 55 gallons worth of water changes between August 21st and September 26th, below are my ICP values. I did add Seachem Cuprisorb three days prior to sending out the sample. As you can see, the Tin, Iron, Zinc and Aluminum values dropped. Possibly from the Cuprisorb or from performing five small water changes. The silicon values dropped as well after replacing my RO & DI filters, the previous test showed my make up water was 202.3 ug/L and after replacing the filters it dropped to 12.86 ug/L.

120 Gallon ATI ICP Results

120 Gallon Marin Lab ICP Results

RO/DI Water ATI ICP Results (120 Gallon Test)

RO/DI Water Marin Lab ICP Results (120 Gallon Test)

In contrast, the chemistry values on the 160 gallon are not ideal yet the colors and growth are not suffering like the 120 gallon. Maybe the corals are missing more feeding as the chaetomorpha algae grows faster in the 160 than in the 120. 

160 Gallon ATI ICP Results

RO/DI Water ATI ICP Results (160 Gallon Test)