Saturday, July 24, 2010

Setting up a quarantine tank


I set up a 5 gallon tank to use as a quarantine tank yesterday afternoon. I’m using the Koralia nano for water circulation, a 50/50 spectrum 40 watt power compact light fixture and a 50 watt heater. I did this so I could inspect a few of my corals that have a few bite marks on them possibly from Acropora Eating Flatworms (AEFW). I also wanted to make sure the red bugs were gone so I added 1/16th of a large dog tablet of Interceptor. I plan to dip these corals in TLF ReVive for 10 minutes to see if the AEFW’s fall off any corals. I will keep you updated on my progress.
The ORA green acro with blue polyps on the left has a few bite marks and is turning brown.

You can see the Tri-Color on the right has a few bite marks and is turning brown.
The flatworm is 1cm long.

No comments:

Post a Comment