Monday, May 18, 2020

Acropora Black Bugs

Well it gets worse, 12 hours after the large dose of Interceptor (2 pills for each tank) I no longer see the white bugs on my acro's. Now I see Black Bugs! They are still moving after the Interceptor treatment. I am wondering if the white bugs are babies to the black bugs and will change when they turn into an adult. I will continue to dose Interceptor once a week until I no longer see the white and black bugs. I am hoping the adults life cycle is not too long and the Interceptor will continue to kill the smaller white bugs each week as they hatch.

Black Bugs around the base of the acropora



Now for the good news, the White Bugs can no longer be seen on the acropora. The four times the recommended dose of Interceptor seems to work well for this variety of pest as the one and two times dose did not make a dent in the population.



Some close ups of them out of the water








No comments:

Post a Comment